ARZENU Mission Statement:
To imbue all Reform Jews with a common vision of Jewish peoplehood and
to see Jewish engagement centered on Israel as the Jewish, democratic state inspired by Reform/Progressive values.
The mission is to:
1. Support the Jerusalem Program of the World Zionist Organization and to provide the political representation of the worldwide Reform/Progressive movement in the World Zionist Organization, the Jewish Agency and related institutions;
2. Work with Israeli and Diaspora Reform/Progressive institutions to transform Israeli society according to Reform/Progressive Zionist values and to be a bridge between these institutions around the world;
3. Transform the worldwide Reform/Progressive movement into a movement imbued with a love of Israel, and to widen and deepen the connections between Reform/Progressive populations inside and outside Israel, and to encourage aliyah.
4. Continue to develop and maintain long- term connections between Israeli and Diaspora Reform/Progressive youth, young adult and adult institutions to ensure future leadership, support and involvement in and with Israel and ARZENU.
5. Encourage the learning and use of Hebrew as a means of creating a deeper sense of peoplehood through our common language.
As ARZENU endeavors to achieve its vision and mission, it continues to work with and strengthen its relationships with the worldwide Reform/Progressive and Israeli institutions. Among these are: